Do you remember, the 21st night of September?! That is one of my all time favorite songs, and the month of September ranks equally as high! Did you also know that September is the number one month listed in lyrical songs? Maybe it’s because it’s such a special time of year. It’s also a time of year to literally plant new seeds, and figuratively as well! And if you’ve read about How to Write in your Gratitude Journal for Manifestation, then you know any time is a good time to plant seeds of gratitude. Let’s talk about Gratitude Journal Prompts for September.
Please note, this page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. For additional information, please see my privacy and disclosures page.
September Holidays to Be Grateful For
Each and every month has it’s own vibration. September is a changing of the seasons, and represents a new cycle in our lives, according to Touched By Angel Healings. It’s a time to confront the energy that we’ve been building all year and get us ready for the next year ahead.
So how can we prepare to confront the energy? With gratitude of course! And these “random” holidays that I found for this month will help us get creative in our gratitude journals in September. So here’s the inspirational days:
- 3rd: National Lazy Mom’s Day
- 4th: National Wildlife Day
- 5th: International Day of Charity
- 6th: Fight Procrastination Day
- 7th: Another Look Unlimited Day
- 11th: Patriot Day
- 14th: National Drawing Day
- 15th: National Online Learning Day
- 18th: Batman Day
- 25th: Ask a Stupid Question Day
Gratitude Prompts for September
So with those random holidays in mind, and without further ado, here are your Gratitude Journal Prompts for September:
- Are you a mom? What superpowers have you recognized in yourself as a mom?
- Get outside today. Breathe in the fresh air. What can you be grateful about in nature?
- What charity is near and dear to your heart? Give thanks for those helping where you can not.
- Procrastination is just a symptom of fear. Sometimes we think we can’t achieve something or that it won’t be our best work, so we procrastinate. Recognize a time you overcame fear in your life and think of a fear to overcome or get started on conquering today.
- Perspective is everything. Think about a problem you’re facing today. How can you see it as a learning opportunity?
- What freedoms can you be grateful for?
- National drawing day is all about imagining! Use your imagination. Pretend everything you ever wanted is coming tomorrow. What can you be grateful for?
More Gratitude Prompts for September
8. National online learning day is all about taking in new information. But what about all the information you already KNOW, you’re just not applying it. Sometimes we learn something in our lives and we think we UNDERSTAND it because we read the book, or we saw it on the news, or we googled it once. But we have yet to apply it in our lives. It’s about the APPLICATION of the material in our lives that actually makes the difference. Write something down that you’re grateful you learned and apply it in your life today. Maybe it’s breathwork, exercise, yoga, meditation. Apply what you already know.
9. For Batman Day, I looked up the all time best Batman quotes. Here’s one I found. “Our greatest glory is not in ever falling, but in rising every time we fall.” I love this. It actually means we MUST fail in order to be victorious. Without failure or bad times, you will not be successful. It reminds me of my blog about Gratitude Prompts When Life is Hard. Write down one time you “failed”, and what was good about it.
10. Last but not least is Ask a Stupid Question Day. Remember when our teachers told us there were no dumb questions. And yet, in the world today, they are telling us NOT to think critically? It’s time to ask more questions. Write down “Who am I?” And try to answer it without listing your job, achievements, or family. Who are you? And then give thanks because the world needs who you were made to be! (A poster I sell in my Etsy shop and listed in this blog about teaching kids gratitude!)
Additionally, you might also be interested in the following articles:
Lastly, thank you so much for taking the time to read about Gratitude Journal Prompts for September. I hope this gives you some ideas about some new ideas for writing in your gratitude journal this month! I love to help you celebrate life through party decorations and personal development! But above all, I’d love to connect with you. Reach out to me on Instagram and let’s chat. You can also get started on celebrating your life with your FREE gratitude journal printable or by subscribing to my podcast, The Celebration Effect Podcast! I can’t wait to connect with you more.